Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring Cleaning



After several years of heavy use (and of Sargeant and Miz Paws using it as their favorite snoozing spot) it was time to replace the canvas top of my cutting and pressing center.

Rather than the heavy canvas I had used on my original cover, I chose to use a heavier cotton that has a sewing theme. I removed the staples and tossed the canvas. The Insul-Brite padding looked like new. No need to replace.

A few minutes with the staple gun and I had my new cover! I'm not sure it will hold up as well as the canvas but it's a nice change.

I've also learned that when I am fusing to put a piece of muslin on the surface. "Oops!" happen no matter how careful one is with fusing and the muslin saves the cover and saves time.

Now it's time to start on spring cleaning the stash that overfloweth!

No comments: