Tuesday, July 29, 2008

There's Nothing Like a Retreat!


That's my friend and retreat roommate on the right. Lynda and I are taking a break from quilting to enjoy a prickly pear cactus margarita at the Tanque Verde Guest Ranch. If you click on the link you'll see photos of the ranch and, much to my surprise, the room we had! I also went on a Sunday morning breakfast ride into the beautiful Rincon Mountains. What a great time! I hadn't been on a horse for almost 15 years but quickly remembered how to ride.

Later this week I'll be posting photos from the retreat to a Webshots album. For the time being I'm focused on finishing my projects for the Fast Friday Challenge. The link has a photo and the story of the challenge.

At the retreat I regained the creative spark that has been missing for more than a month.

The company where I have worked for the past 5 1/2 years has experienced a reduction in force of 7%. I am one of the hundreds of employees impacted. I turn in my badge on Friday. So this week contains both sadness and joy.

-- Joanna
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoyed reading about your retreat!
Glad to hear your creative spark is brighter at this difficult time in your work life.

Dionne said...

Wow, a prickly pear margarita?!

Sounds like so much fun!

Unknown said...

i like......