Monday, January 11, 2010

Not My Colors?

 

Several weeks ago, when I was at Girls Night Out, I was looking at the Hoffman Bali Pops and a friend commented that one I was holding didn't look like my colors. She was right. I rarely buy or work in pastels.

So I bought the pastel package.

Saturday morning I decided I needed a change of pace from free-motion quilting practice. I pulled out the Bali Pops and began sewing strips together. What a dream on the Juki! They went together quickly in a pattern from the Quilters Market Strippers Club. Just a few more seams and it will be ready to decide on borders.

With a few exceptions, I don't decide on borders until the piece is ready. I may have a concept in advance, but the final decision comes when I can step back and look at the project. Borders can change the entire look of a quilt. With this one, they will help pull out on or two specific colors. I'm thinking of a cream inner border and a blue or green outer border.

It's exciting seeing this come to fruition! And I really like the pastels.

What do you think? Is this my colors or not?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: