Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Blockbusters

 


I've been immersed in creating a quilt for a class I plan to teach this summer. Nothing to show right now (it will be revealed when the class schedule is published). I took a hour diversion to create this block, the first in the new series. Meets the first Saturday of the month and, as most monthly block programs go, bring the previous month's block in and et the next month at no cost.

I missed the first meeting so missed the demo. Rules say that at least some of the provided fabrics must be used in the block. I enjoy this more than the blocks where everyone is given all fabrics. This allows more creativity.

In this, my first block, I used the provided fabrics to surrond the sun in the center and the blue/green in the outer corners.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is quite striking, Joanna. Nice.