Wednesday, July 04, 2007

How (Not?) to Take Jewelry Photos

I like to take photos of my projects in natural light whenever possible. I have a wonderful chiminea in my garden where I can place projects. The result is nicely organic and different. Sometimes I photgraph on one of my cactus as well. And there are times I put down some gray felt and stand above it to take the photograph. That does, however, have hazards as this photograph shows. Miz Paws likes to get her paws into everything, including anything I try to photograph.

So I decided to show this photo of my "studio" ... feet, Miz Paws, rocks and all!

I hope you are enjoying this Independence Day as much as I am. I remember something my son's second grade teacher, an immigrant from a repressive society, told her students: "How wonderful your pencils have erasers. When you make a mistake you can erase and do it over correctly." That's what she had her students do: erase any mistake and do it over correctly.

How wonderful we can make mistakes and learn from them. Always keep those "corrected mistakes" ... they will remind you how far you have come.

-- Joanna
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beverly Herman said...

Congratulations on mastering the peyote stitch! I really enjoyed reading the three post and seeing the last picture. Watch out those little seed beads can become very addicting. It starts out with one project and grows to the next and the next and.........