Monday, July 09, 2007

A Sunday Artist Date

Sunday I had the pleasure of going out with a new frined explore some of southeastern Arizona. My friend is a professional photographer and I've dabbled in photography throughout my life. First we went to the ghost town of Pearce. It's along a major highway and not totally abandoned, but it still meets the definition of a ghost town.

Then we headed to the Chiracahua Mountains and the famed Chochise Stronghold. While I've been by the mountains on a number of occasions, this was the first time I had gone into this section of the Coronado National Forest. It's definitely an area that is off the beaten patch and there were few people around. Perhaps becuase we were flirting with the triple digit temperatures common to our Arizona summer!

There's a wonderful ranch that is now an historic site. This photo captures some of the beauty of this wonderful area.

I was thrilled to get some wonderful photos of texture ... perhaps they will become photo fabric in future projects. What fun!

-- Joanna
Posted by Picasa

No comments: