Saturday, June 14, 2008

8210 Photos



This is the last photo taken with my Nikon 7900. I bought this almost three years ago as my "Grandma" gift to myself. My grandson was my excuse to upgrade to a top of the line compact digital camera. At the time, and perhaps even today, the Nikon 7900 was an exceptional camera. I carried it with me everywhere.

See the rock in front of the fountain? I was in the Mill Avenue area of Tempe, Arizona, with my son, doing touristy things. We came across this beautiful fountain in the middle of an office complex. Unseen in this photo are the very large jackrabbit sculptures that surround the fountain.

Here in the desert any water is welcome and a fountain is especially welcome. I took this photo then my son told me to stand in front of the foundtain so he could take a photo with his camera phone.

I had my Nikon in my right hand, lens extended, while he photographed me. I told him to change positions so I could take his photo. Not realizing I had moved behind the rock, the one in the front right of the photo, I stepped forward and fell flat. Quick as a wink I was on the ground and trying to telll my son I was OK while trying to decide how un-OK I really was.

My Nikon, extended before me, broke my fall. Fortunately the Tempe Fire Department was next to this complex and my son insisted on taking me there. The EMTs checked me out and bandaged the large patch of "rock rash" on my leg. I wasn't as worried about myself as my camera. It is destroyed. My son says if the camera hadn't slid, and the lens hadn't been forced back into the camera, I might have broken my arm.

We had a great time in Tempe. I'l try to embed the slideshow of my photos.




Visit to Tempe
Posted by Picasa

No comments: