Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nik's Baptism Outfit

 

Finished! Or almost. It depends if Tina and Geoff want to add a bow tie.

Since I haven't done much garment sewing recently this was a bit of a challenge. I did give my serger a bit of a workout and used two sewing machines ... my Juki and my BabyLock. The Juki is definitely my favorite now for any kind of straight stitch sewing!

In addition to finishing the outfit, most of this weekend has been spent cleaning and organizing. The hall bathroom got steam cleaned (love my little steamer!) and I'm slowly working through my bedroom (not with the steamer!) My desk is cleaned of the piles and there are a couple of bags going into the garbage. Time to declutter!

Sargeant and I did take a break last night to go to an outdoor concert at Udall Park. Tonight it's the Pops Concert at Reid Park. I've discovered that Jimmy John's lettuce wrapped "subs" are out of this world. Tonight I might even surprise Sargeant with his own roast beef sub. It's always fun to order one "Hold everything including the bun".

Now it's time to take my first load of laundry out and put another one in. Then watching the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race. What fun!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

COscrapper said...

LOVE it! I think a little bowtie would be really cute, but it's good either way.