Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blockbuster Month 2

 


I took a break from sewing on the binding on my Floral Fantasy quilt. I was working last Saturday and unable to attend the presentation so paid to get the block. Picked it up Saturday and had the chance to get Jean Biddick's new book and get it autographed by all the Tucson folks who are represented.

With this second block I have more clues on how the blocks will be designed. The theme is movie stars so the blocks are stars. Fabrics are batik and colors look like jewel tones (blues, greens, purples).

I picked up a few more batiks Saturday. My design concept is to use my spinning sun fabric fussy cut in the center. For the star points I'll use another yellow (I have several). Blues, the fuschia and purple, and perhaps some green will be my other colors. As I continue designing I'll plan to use one to three similar fabrics in the blocks, though the similar fabrics may vary from one block to another. It will be consistently scrappy!

I'm enjoying this very much. It gives me a chance to work on techniques in fabrics and a color palatte I like. I'm also getting some Electric Quilt 6 practice as I recreate the blocks and play with various color combinations.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: