Saturday, May 12, 2007

And Your Cat May Hallucinate

Gracious, you'd think a computer expert (me) would be able to figure out this Blogger! But I didn't get to the new Blogger conversion in time. I won't go into what it took to get my account active again but I finally managed.

Mary Stori gave a workshop at the Tucson Quilters Guild on beading. While I've done a bit of jewelry creating, I've never really used beads on my quilts or done beading. I decided I would practice on this piece. Of course, I'd already put the backing on!

I decided to put a beaded border on using one of the border technique taught in the workshop. A little more beading here and there to accent foiled areas. Then I found a couple fish charms and added them.

This is a fun quilt that I really enjoyed creating. It used fusing, zig zag quilting, quilted words, BoNash, foiling, glitter and beading.

You can see more photos of this quilt on my Picasa Web Album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/shimmers411/ChallengeQuilts


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

I love that quilt. The title fits the quilt to a "T".