Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Did you realize it has been an entire year since I last wrote in this blog? I didn't. I thought about things to blog and wrote them out mentally. Just never put fingers to keyboard.

This year - 2009 -- has been an odd one. I was blessed to have a seasonal position while many friends were jobless. I discovered taxes are endlessly fascinating, so much so that I began studying to become an Enrolled Agent.

My seasonal position was to end April 20. Given the recession, I wasn't hopeful I could find another job quickly. I had battened down the financial hatches and was confident I could survive until the job market improved...or until tax season arrived again.

Much to my surprise and delight I was approached shortly before the seasonal position ended and offered a full-time position in another department. Wow! What a relief!

During this past year there were many weeks when my studio work was neglected. My focus was on survival during this recession.

I realized I'd better get busy quilting for the arrival of my second grandson. That's a separate story so I will end here with a smile and a wish that everyone has a Merry Christmas. As with last year, my Christmas Eve was spent enjoying my family via Skype. What a joy to see my older grandson dash around opening and enjoying presents while the newest edition, born December 5, was part of our circle of family.

Now it's time to head out for Christmas dinner with friends!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: