Monday, June 04, 2007

My First Buttons

My adventures with beading continue!

Friday I received Amy C. Clarke and Robin Atkins book Beaded Embellishment. This joins Larkin Van Horn's book Beading on Fabric as my beading library. I had followed links on Larkin's site and found Robin just as she was announcing the 2007 Bead Journal Project. So I joined and made a commitment to one journal page a month for a year ... and it must include beading!

Then, I volunteered to start a Yahoo group for the project. (Don't bother looking for it if you're not in the project. It's a private group for the participants only.)

Being inspired by these wonderful books, I'm venturing into the world of buttons. They are a great way to try stitches and color combinations. Great "carry along" projects too!

What do you think of this first effort?

The background is a barrel cactus in my garden. I thought it would be interesting, a bit different and allow me to shoot in the sunlight.

-- Joanna
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love the buttons! i do beading but not of the caliber you do! I make angels, and dragonflies and such things!